Larchmont Soccer Club (LSC) Safety Guidelines
Coaches, Players, Parents and Spectators
- No one is permitted to engage in any LSC activity if they have had any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days or been exposed to someone that has been ill in the prior 14 days.
- If you feel like you have been exposed to COVID-19 please contact your healthcare provider and refrain from any and all LSC activities until cleared.
- Everyone must abide by New York State rules, for example, if you have travelled to or from one of the states on the New York State travel advisory list, you are prohibited from participation in and attendance at LSC activities until completion of the State of New York mandated 14-day quarantine period.
- Each team will have a designated Safety Monitor who will help ensure that players and spectators follow the guidelines
Coaches and Players
Arrival at Practices and Games
- Will wear masks on arrival and departure from training/scrimmages/games (not during games)
- Will practice social distancing while entering/exiting fields
- Group practices will be outside and teams must be spread out as much as possible to limit numbers of kids in area.
- During breaks players will be required to maintain 6ft social distance.
- Spectator viewing will be on the opposite side of the field from the players to allow for social distancing..Spectartors must practice social distancing and wear face coverings.Please limit spectators – if possible to 2 per player.
- Each player will be required to have their own face covering, hand sanitizer, and water bottle.Water bottles must be clearly marked with the player’s name.Any water bottle left on the field will be discarded.No sharing of water bottles.
- No snacks allowed on either side of the field.
- Players are not required to wear face coverings during games or pratices but must wear them when arriving and leaving training and while on the sidelines.
- NO sharing personal items. Participants should only use their own equipment.
- Practice respiratory etiquette by covering coughs and sneezes with tissue or inside elbow.
- Universal No Touch rule in effect:Players, coaches and refs must refrain from physical contact with each other or opponents on and off the field of play.There will be no customary post game handshake.
- Ensure the safety of all players.
- Follow all state and local health protocols.
- Ensure all athletes have their individual equipment (ball, water bottles, bag, etc.)
- Coach is the only person to handle all practice equipment. (
- Always wear a facemask, maintain social distance requirements from players based on state and local health requirements.
- Clear the sidelines of ANY left over debris after each game including disposing of leftover water bottles.
- Teams with more than one coach should designate a coach as the Safety Monitor for the team.They are responsible for the team’s compliance with all the rules.Solo coaches should ask a parent to take on this responsibility.Each team has been issued a “SAFETY” vest and the designated coach should wear it at all times.
- Each team has been issued hand sanitizer.Players hands should be sanitized before the game and at half time.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after training.
- Bring and use hand sanitizer at every training.
- Wear mask before and immediately after all training.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, or bag.
- Practice social distancing during arrival and set up. Place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart.
- Wash and sanitize all equipment before and after every training.
- No group celebrations, no high 5’s, hugs, handshakes etc.
- Ensure child is healthy
- Limited carpooling with other players.
- Adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements.
- When at practice wear mask if outside your car.
- Notify member organization immediately if your child becomes ill.
- Do not assist coach with equipment before or after training.
- Be sure your child always has their face coverings and sanitizer with them.
- Adhere to 6 foot distancing guidelines for anyone not in the same housefold.
- Parents must stay on their side of the field.
- Leave field immediately after the game;everyone should be wearing a mask and practicing social distancing as they exit.Where possible (Alma and Hommocks) there will be a designated gate for Entry and Exit
- Must wear face covering when not actively reffing.
- Each ref has been issued a hand held electronic whistle which must be used.If the ref loses the whistle he/she will be responsible for purchasing a replacement at their own expense
- Hand sanitizing between games.
- Refs should remain separate from teams.6 foot distancing when checking teams in pre-game.
“We would like to make the fall season a positive experience for everyone involved. Please help by supporting the coaches and volunteers at LSC as much as possible – thank you in advance.”